The premise of this site is that the simplicity of the Bible message is contained within the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount. It is summed up by Yeshua (Jesus) in the following verses:
Matthew 22:36-40 – “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And [Jesus] said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
Love God and love others. These two commandments are a summary of the Ten Commandments which are the basis of all of the commandments in the Bible. These are the most rudimentary expectations of human conduct that God has for all people.
The central teachings of Yeshua (Jesus) have been recorded for us in what has come to be known as the Sermon on the Mount. The seven topics below are outlined from that teaching. These provide guidelines for how we should go about fulfilling the goals of loving God and loving others.
- First and foremost, your desires should be directed to the Kingdom of God, and doing the right thing according to his standards, and your needs will be provided for.
- Demonstrate virtue and purity that exceeds those who are merely following external commands. Be a person of your word.
- All stumbling-blocks to righteousness must be removed from your life with extreme diligence.
- Have a pure and blameless heart at all times, and you will be blessed, seeing God.
- Do not be anxious about what hasn’t happened yet; let the future carry its own anxieties
- Make peace; do peace, and you will be blessed, being recognized as a child of God.
- Extend mercy and compassion to others and you will be blessed, receiving mercy in return.
Visit the 7 Principles link to see how each of these concepts can be expanded with their main ideas.
Visit the Kingdom Charter link to see the application of the Ten Commandments for believers today.